Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Thin Pink Line

Ok - my hard fought faith in science is being tested to the max.
It has been seven consecutive days of testing and none of the tests have come up positive !

I've reread the instructions and checked and it seems we did everything right. So where is my damn strip of pink, eh, Mr. Walgreen's? I am starting to reconsider whether going own-brand against named-brand was wise. Also, my wife seems convinced that Lili's bout of thievery on our first day may have robbed us of our 'pink-line moment'.

But my wife was never one to trust technology.
After four days of negative results, she simply took the bull by the horns (no pun intended) and informed me that we would be trying every night until the end of the peak period. This was music to my ears and we proceeded with teenage-band-camp-like enthusiasm.

Now, I have to admit that after the first night I was thinking that this baby-making lark was quite cool, really and that I could get used to this.
Night two, I was tired but still very happy with the way things were going.
Night three, I was a little slow to get going and 'Lil Sanj' needed a massage and some convincing before he joined the team event.
By night four, I have to say that this whole thing was starting to look less rosy. Tired, battered and bruised (you know what I mean), I had no energy for it and it seemed that Lil Sanj had fallen into some form of coma or catatonic state.

Not being 18 anymore, I think that I might need some help next month !