Monday, January 11, 2010

Necessity is the mother of app-vention

This is the first of what I imagine will be numerous whine sessions!

It’s been a few days since my wife and I worked out how to use the ovulation test. Ever since, I get the impression that there are a fair few preparations being made around me that I am not completely aware of. I can’t put my finger on it – but I have suspicions!


The topic for today’s whine has to do with technology. You will need some background.
My wife trained as a lawyer. That coupled with her natural aversion to anything that carries electrical current means that I get stuck with doing everything from looking for directions on Google Maps to checking our film timings on Fandango.

So, dear reader, I did not frown suspiciously when she told me that she had searched every baby-making website in the western world for tips on how to conceive. I nodded sagely when she revealed that she was now a member of numerous discussion boards on the subject. I even held breathed deeply and rubbed my ears (relaxation method) when she showed me the blogs that she was now contributing on…

But my patience fails me when my techno-challenged wife who has been using me as a techno-crutch for years shows me that she has installed and is using an Ovulation App on her iPhone.

I have a feeling this is going to be a long year…