Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I am irrepressable, I am insurmountable, I am the Mountain !

Five days can bring so much clarity. It can help us to assimilate our new realities and find direction and purpose from the chaos. I am constantly amazed at the human spirit, and today I am in awe of my own.
For those of you who know me well, you will be aware of my ability to constantly be impressed at myself.

Our world is moving on with greater pace.
It seems that our move back to the US might be happening sooner rather than later. Boston is our destination, cold is our habitat ! It seems like a good spot. I have my best friend, my brother in law, non-stop flights to London and Dubai (important for obvious, Indian reasons).

Two peripheral reasons:
  1. Aside from the Yankees, NYC sports suck right now!
  2. If my arab cousins ever manage to get a nuclear bomb to the US, they're going after NYC first - Boston is a safe radiological distance away so that I won't grow eyes on my palms or end up looking like Heidi Montag (for International readers, look it up).
I am watching the political turmoil in the UK with more than a passing interest. As any good law student from Britain, I spent an inordinate  amount of time on the UK electoral code and constiution. Even though the process seems convoluted, I see how much more effective the mechanisms are than in the US - there is no substitute for time and these worn and weathered procedures seem fairly adept at handling even our most modern situations.

I've just engaged in a three way political showdown with some pseudo-Republican Americans here in Starbucks who seemed to be ridiculing the system in the UK. They won't be back anytime soon. I need healthy competition - taking down the intellectually crippled is like trying to find healthy genes in the Royal Family - inherently fruitless!