Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Cinco de Mayo - Phoenix, Oh me, Oh my-o !

Today is Cinco de Mayo - the festival that is so creative that they just called it what it is... Next year, I aim to petition the White House to create a public holiday called 'The 12th of May' !
For some of my international readers, you may not know that Arizona state has passed state legislation that charges police to stop and detain those individuals that they believe could be in the state illegally. They can then demand identification and, in the absence of papers, they can then arrest the individual.

This is, of course, a great infringement of one's civil liberties and will, hopefully, be overturned when considered by the Supreme Court. But the gall of state legislators to take this action is quite sickening and saddening.

Tonight, the Phoenix Suns basketball team take to the floor in the playoffs. The Suns have taken this opportunity to protest this new position of their state and are wearing vests that show their name as 'Los Suns'...

I have played basketball my whole life, alongside Americans, Mexicans, Japanese, French and everything in between. I have never been prouder to be 'A Baller'.