Saturday, April 3, 2010

Ours is not to wonder why. Ours is to build and buy.

Right now I feel about as comfortable as the Octomom at an abstinence conference...
We're getting pretty close to being finished with the big work in the nursery. Painted walls, designs on walls, wall fittings and curtains etc - DONE.
Furnishings and large furniture - DONE.
Closets and organisation - DONE.
We have some further buying of stuff that granny wants to do in the afternoon and the ensuing building of that stuff - but we are getting close...

BUT - I just talked to Monica. She told me that she is glad to have the nursery done before the baby comes and said that she really grateful because she wasn't sure it would have got done without us.
That was nice. What wasn't nice was that she really hoped that Alejandra got to use the room before they moved...

It goes like this.
They don't like this house. They didn't like it from almost the time they got in and had planned to get out of here as soon as the lease would let them. Which is in the summer. Let me lay it out.
Baby arrives - early April.
Move house - July or August...

Not too bad, I thought. At least she'll sleep in here for nearly five months. Not so, my wife tells me. The baby will sleep in their bedroom for 3-4 months. So Alejandra will use the room for a month, if we're lucky. All this work, and they plan to leave the place.

But, I tell myself that the reason I love these guys is that they hardly ever do things the way I would. It is always counter intuitive for me and I have to love them for that. I sometimes get a laugh out of it, I always have to see the world a different way and sometimes... just sometimes... I learn something.

Although, not this time, I think.