Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Puppet ! You shall not pass !

 
"That's it Puppet... I got my Have-a-go Hoodie on!"

Last night was a little rough... not as much for me as Eileen.
 
Enzo woke up screaming a couple of times, nightmares. But his cries were even more panicked than those few times he's had nightmares in the past. I can usually tell what is happening when I hear him cry, so I jump up and go to him. He clambers up into my arms and says, "Papa, get rid of the puppet. He's right there!"
 
I have no idea what he is on about but wait for him to calm down and put him back to bed. he wakes up again. Same story, but this time he wants vengeance on the puppet. So I do some air kung fu and dispel said puppet. Enzo seems satisfied and I bring him back to our bed for the night. He settles in next to his mum and complains that the puppet is in his bedroom.
 
I remind him that I kicked the puppet's arse. He agrees and we all settle in for the night. Eileen explains that a particularly scary edition of Lazytown had a puppet in it that he didn't like and it must have invaded his dreams.
 
Message to the French-Canadian producers of Lazytown - any crazy, scary puppets you send our way will be sent back wearing Poutine and fearing the name of Sanjay 'Puppets-Bane' Marwaha !!!