Tuesday, March 23, 2010

P-Day !

Today was meant to be the day of my wife's monthly gift.
Although I know that she has never been very regular, she has taken the fact that she has not had her period as a sign that we are 'on to a winner'.

I am unwilling at this time to be pulled along with her euphoria. This continues to be one of the main differences between us. My wife's life and upbringing have led her to believe that if she is positive and clear on what she wants - great things will come to her.
My early experiences have led me to know that while you walk with your face raised heavenward in joyous prayer for the best - you are unable to notice that you have just stepped in a huge pile of dog crap.

My dark mood is unable to take hold, however, as I get a much overdue call from my mother. Normally, the inane banter and 'stories-with-no-points' are enough to turn me toward drink, but today it is just nice to hear her voice.
It was her birthday over the weekend and she was in Dubai with my brother. He, undoubtedly, took her to numerous interesting restaurants and out to see some friends. He will probably have stayed away from the most expensive, Michelin-star, restaurants - because my mum, being a down to earth sort can't stand "those Michelin - Cheechelan places" !